July 26, 2008

And it all falls down....

I don't even know where to start. My trip to Chi was crappy on so many fronts.... it was just an amalgamation of bad vibery. First of all, I get half way to Chi and get a text from my alleged dinner date saying that he had a meeting at 7:15. 7:15?? Are you serious?? I'd told him that I had to be at the club by 10 so that I could get in, but he assured me that we'd have PLENTY of time. Uh huh. Something told me to stop and get something quick to eat, and I'm SO glad I did, because I get to Chi, stop off and change the fastest I've ever changed in my life (shower, change clothes, AND makeup in less than 20 minutes?? Yea...) and head out...... to wait. It's 9:00 and this dude still hasn't hit me up. I wander along Michigan and find free summer music performance featuring Brazillian music, and I wait. And wait. And WAIT. Finally this guy calls me at 9:30 talking about should he make us a reservation somewhere. M*thaf*cker are you deaf?? I told him no, forget it I'm going straight to the club because I refuse to pay and, even more importantly, I refuse to stand in line. To my chagrin, he agrees to meet me up at the club around 11 or 12. Shit, shit, shit..... NOT in my plans. My plans were to go to dinner and then go to the club and enjoy the music in peace.... ALONE. I cannot entertain anyone (because that's what a date is.....entertaining someone) while I'm vibing to my music. I WILL cut you off in the middle of a sentence word when my jam comes on and you effectively disappear..... when I dance, I don't like anyone all up on my ass. Do. Not. Touch. Me. And a place like that is not a place to talk anyway.... you end up shouting and spending half the time saying "WHAT??" No bueno. When I kick it with others, I kick it with those who understand that.

Anyway, I get myself to the club and find myself a spot upstairs and post up. I'm having a decent time (as decent as one can have alone dressed in heels), get myself a few drinks, find a real cool guy with a good vibe and similar tastes in music to chat up, then I get a text from this MF around 1 talking about "I'm outside in line.... it's really long, I don't know what to do." I just had to give him an "I told you so.... that's why I got here at 10" reply. He then asks me if I want to come outside. HELLLLLZZ naw!!! At this point I'm uber irked because I HATE being stood up PERIOD for ANY reason. Having a meeting is your problem, not mine......

(Sidenote: The music on America's Best Dance Crew this week is KILLER!!! Spazz?? Universal Mind Control??? Don't Touch Me????? *runs around screaming*)

.......So yea, unless I REALLY like you, that's a dealbreaker. Especially when I'm driving 3.7 hours to meet up with you. I mean, I'd planned on going anyway weeks ago, but I'd actually changed my mind because, well, I'm broke-ish. The only reason I decided to go was because this guy said he would take care of my cost to get up there. Otherwise I would have sucked it up, turned on the Chop Shop this weekend or dusted off FutureSoul No. 001 and called it a day. So I'm standing there, not-so-secretly hoping that this dude doesn't get in. But he does. And he finds me. I would have told dude to kick rocks, but honestly...... I needed my freaking gas money. Dude gets up there and has me all hemmed up against the wall, grabbing on me too damn much, and then when I was standing at the railing--just STANDING--he's trying to gyrate on my ass and I had to make several side steps. Dude was offering to buy me an iPhone and take me to NYC, and I told him no thanks, I don't like feeling like I owe anybody ANYTHING (as much as I'd really like an iPhone... it just isn't worth it). He just had a bad vibe to him.... I can be a very touchy-feely person when I want to, but that's only if I get a good feeling from someone. And he was NOT one of those someones. I let dude buy me 2 drinks and was frantically texting my boy who I was staying with "Where are you at???" Luckily he hits me back telling me to come pick him up, and I was OUT. Dude gave me a bill (as in $100 bill) for my gas and food (or lack thereof, because I never had time to eat anything), which is the only reason I'm still not still cursing at this very moment.

(I'm so grateful to my boy for letting me crash.... he's got such a good spirit and I just feel 110% comfortable around him. I can just totally take the filter off my weird. So after the night I had, that was exactly what I needed (even tho he did try and put me on the couch, to which I said hell naw I'm sleeping in this bed, so he chose to sleep on the couch..... as usual). Thanks, boo.)

But wait.... that was only bad vibery on 1 front. I also had to deal with a friend being extremely pissed off at me (unjustifiably in my opinion), I got into a text spat with a guy that I used to kind of date in Chi, and The Ex kept calling wanting to have some heart to heart chats (possibly because Thursday was our former anniversary....? Maybe subconsciously). The first problem..... well, that's confidential. Sorry. The second problem...... well, riddle me this..... if someone never calls/texts/e-mails, how do you consider yourself to still be "tight" with that person (and you aren't otherwise related)?? And query: how is asking me to come by after the club not a request for a booty call? Only thing that goes on after the club is eating and fucking. I must have went back and forth with this guy for 30 minutes because he acted like he was just appauled that I would SUGGEST that all he was trying to do was order The Special (The Special = hot sex on a platter) and he never realized that months ago when he ceased to communicate with me on a regular basis is the point where we ceased to be "tight". Needless to say, I did not see him. Kick. Rocks. And the heart to heart chats only served to stress me out and piss me off. So all in all, this trip sucked in every aspect except for the music. My boys killt (with a "t") it.

Neighbor's assessment: This was my instant karmic payback for allowing the 21 year old man to spend $130 on me for dinner the night before. Eh, maybe. I thought about that as all these things were occurring. Karma gave me a swift jab in the booty cheek with her rusty fork, but all in all it was just a little one. I hear you tho, Karma.

So I hate to say it...... the 21 year old wins by default. Sad. These experiences have reconfirmed that I just don't have it in me to be opportunistic. I either like you or I don't, and I can't pretend to like someone just because they're spending money on me. In theory I could be nice to dude long enough to get an iPhone and THEN tell him to kick rocks, but I just can't. I'm not built for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Adventures in Divorce Copyright © 2014 -- Powered by Blogger