Adventures in Divorce

I always wondered why people who murdered their spouses didn't just get a divorce.... I now understand why

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nap Town, Indie-anne-ahhhhhh!, United States

No, I'm not a prophetess. Cassandra, according to Greek mythology, spurned the advances of the Greek god Apollo and her gift of prophecy was cursed so that her predictions would never be believed. Such is my life. I tend not to think like most people, which is a gift... but also a curse. So step into my mind, take off your shoes and stay for awhile... you're always welcome, loved ones.

September 28, 2008

Emotional Baggage Sundays - "Caution"

Time to get it out.....


It's been nice
Yes
Laughing times
Early morning love
Walks
Meaningful kissing
But I've been hurt before
The kind that can change a life
The kind that makes a body wary
And I must say that I am taking special care
Not to care so hard

While I am mostly open to love you
I prepare to let you go
So I will ask upfront
Before my stomach is knotted

Can I take my shoes off now?
Can I put them next to yours in the upstairs closet?
Can I relax my soles?
Hang up my winter coat?
Unpack my bag for more than the night?
Because
I like you
I really like you

~"Caution" by Jill Scott, The Moments, the Minutes, the Hours: The Poetry of Jill Scott

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Pamela said...

Wow. What a great poem, sure brings back memories. I felt that way so many times in my life. I think a lot of people do, not only divorcees.
Great blog,
Pamela
divorce4her.com

September 29, 2008 at 8:37 PM  
Anonymous rena said...

Great blog. I'm a first time vistor on your blog I will return.

Great poem. Jill Scott is one of my favorite artist. I can really relate to the poem this very moment. I never been married but was in a relationship for 4 yrs that ended and after a year to heal I have met someone who makes my heart sing but it's scary to open up completely after being hurt so deeply.

September 30, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Adventures in Divorce: Emotional Baggage Sundays - "Caution"

Emotional Baggage Sundays - "Caution"

Time to get it out.....


It's been nice
Yes
Laughing times
Early morning love
Walks
Meaningful kissing
But I've been hurt before
The kind that can change a life
The kind that makes a body wary
And I must say that I am taking special care
Not to care so hard

While I am mostly open to love you
I prepare to let you go
So I will ask upfront
Before my stomach is knotted

Can I take my shoes off now?
Can I put them next to yours in the upstairs closet?
Can I relax my soles?
Hang up my winter coat?
Unpack my bag for more than the night?
Because
I like you
I really like you

~"Caution" by Jill Scott, The Moments, the Minutes, the Hours: The Poetry of Jill Scott

Labels: , ,