Adventures in Divorce

I always wondered why people who murdered their spouses didn't just get a divorce.... I now understand why

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nap Town, Indie-anne-ahhhhhh!, United States

No, I'm not a prophetess. Cassandra, according to Greek mythology, spurned the advances of the Greek god Apollo and her gift of prophecy was cursed so that her predictions would never be believed. Such is my life. I tend not to think like most people, which is a gift... but also a curse. So step into my mind, take off your shoes and stay for awhile... you're always welcome, loved ones.

September 8, 2008

Introducing.... Twitter!

I have a tendency to be incredibly random. I used to get daily randomness out of my system by means of texting my 2 BFFs, but when 1 moved to London we couldn't text our random thoughts to each other anymore. I also maintain an unrelated MySpace blog that I would use to deposit my random thoughts of the day (I'd just keep an e-mail window open all day at work and when weird shit would come to me, I'd write it down), kind of like a pensieve from Harry Potter. It is just a way to get the randomness out of my head so it doesn't get cluttered in there. However, since I don't sit at a desk all day anymore, it's even been hard to keep up with that.

Then I discovered Twitter.

At first I didn't get the point.... who would go to that site JUST to read random ass thoughts? (answer: The same hundreds of people who faithfully read my random ass thoughts on MySpace) Then I realized you could post the feeds on OTHER sites (like, say, my blog(s)), and then I had a moment when I was driving home from a wasted Djarum Black run to the downtown Puff 'n Chew (a drive through tobacco shop that's incredibly hood/white trash, but has the best prices in the city.... AND I don't even have to get out of my car) after my dumb ass realized I left my wallet at home, and was like "damn I need to put this in a blog" but didn't have a blog handy......... Eureka! In comes Twitter.

So as an added bonus, I've added a Twitter feed to the blog. Read it if you want to, follow it if you want to, but it's more for my own mental health than anything. Enjoy.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous ChickenBoo said...

People keep telling me about Twitter. I'm not sure I want to dive into that one...but it'd probably help...you can do it straight from your phone can't you? Off to investigate.

September 8, 2008 at 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anesidora said...

Yup, it posts automatically from sending a text message! Very familiar and comfy for me. :)

Listing in real time.....the wave of the future!

September 8, 2008 at 6:18 PM  
Anonymous shelia said...

I still haven't gotten into twitter yet but it seems all my blog buddies are--so who knows...I might jump on the bandwagon too...lol

September 10, 2008 at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Adventures in Divorce: Introducing.... Twitter!

Introducing.... Twitter!

I have a tendency to be incredibly random. I used to get daily randomness out of my system by means of texting my 2 BFFs, but when 1 moved to London we couldn't text our random thoughts to each other anymore. I also maintain an unrelated MySpace blog that I would use to deposit my random thoughts of the day (I'd just keep an e-mail window open all day at work and when weird shit would come to me, I'd write it down), kind of like a pensieve from Harry Potter. It is just a way to get the randomness out of my head so it doesn't get cluttered in there. However, since I don't sit at a desk all day anymore, it's even been hard to keep up with that.

Then I discovered Twitter.

At first I didn't get the point.... who would go to that site JUST to read random ass thoughts? (answer: The same hundreds of people who faithfully read my random ass thoughts on MySpace) Then I realized you could post the feeds on OTHER sites (like, say, my blog(s)), and then I had a moment when I was driving home from a wasted Djarum Black run to the downtown Puff 'n Chew (a drive through tobacco shop that's incredibly hood/white trash, but has the best prices in the city.... AND I don't even have to get out of my car) after my dumb ass realized I left my wallet at home, and was like "damn I need to put this in a blog" but didn't have a blog handy......... Eureka! In comes Twitter.

So as an added bonus, I've added a Twitter feed to the blog. Read it if you want to, follow it if you want to, but it's more for my own mental health than anything. Enjoy.

Labels: ,