September 15, 2008

Emotional Baggage Sundays, Part Deux - Waiting.....

Sometimes I feel the need to backtrack and explain some of my cryptic, ambiguous posts (usually appearing on Emotional Baggage Sundays) so that folk don't get the wrong idea about who or what I'm talking about, which is really the whole point of being ambiguous......

Anyway, "All I Gotta Do" is a poem about patience and waiting. This poem spoke to me this week for a number of reasons, not just one particular situation going on in my life right now ("baggage" usually doesn't just contain one thing). Generally though, I'm just waiting on things to change, to get better. I'm waiting on a break from this stress, this uncertainty that is dogging my career path. I'm waiting on some relief from this financial strain (though they assure me the "check is in the mail"), waiting on the calls to stop, waiting until I can go back to my normal lifestyle (albeit with a few adjustments). I'm waiting until I can fully get adjusted to being divorced, waiting until I don't let him get to me anymore with his hurtful words and hit and miss willingness to cooperate. I'm waiting for a break from the confusion and uncertainty in my dating life, waiting until things transfer from limbo to more solid ground. I'm waiting for heartache over what simultaneously was yet never could be to subside, waiting for full,radical acceptance of What Is. Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting.......

But I still have faith that this waiting is not in vain, that the answers will come to me, that I will finally get my break. Because I'm a woman, and that's what we are good at.... patience, holding it together, holding things down in the meantime in between time. Even still, though, it doesn't make the pain of the wait go away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Adventures in Divorce Copyright © 2014 -- Powered by Blogger