August 11, 2008

It's Love.....I miss it 2

So I was having a brief convo via text with a girlfriend of mine about the state of my recently retreating libido (which is usually quite present and healthy), and I was telling her that while objectively sex has been good (nothing personal, my damie) I've just been feeling bleh and still just like I'm just in need of SOMETHING that I just couldn't quite place. At first I was thinking my sense of unease may be due to this cold I've been nursing since the beginning of July, but then my girl hit me with this response:

"I know what it is. It's Love. I miss it 2."

...to which my anti-female facade developed a huge crack and an ever so tiny sob got caught in my throat when I had to admit that she was absolutely right.

Yes, I do miss love. (Scratch that.....I miss reciprocable love. Unreciprocated love (whether due to choice or circumstances) is worse than being totally devoid of love....it sucks undescended monkey testicles) Sex and passion are just like a Red Bull, a 5 Hour Energy Shot....love is a good night sleep. Give yourself artificial quick fixes for long enough and eventually your mind and body start to revolt and shut down because they are in need of the real thing. I think, at this present moment, that is where I'm at. This isn't to call anyone to the mat or pressure anybody to feel or not feel a certain way about me, but it's just the state of things right now.

Maybe I'll follow her lead and just go on "dingaling strike" (as she sez) for awhile to clear my head. (Then again, who the fuck am I kidding??) I just got a text from another friend out of the blue expressing the exact same sentiments...Damn. Maybe its something in the air.

1 comments:

ChickenBoo said...

While I've never been in love and therefore am not sure what it's like to miss or have it, there's definitely something missing in this life of mine. These past few weeks of glorious wild sex have been great, but after it's all over sometimes it feels like there's supposed to be more. I'll only be able to separate my emotions for so long before I break. That whole being a woman and having emotions sure does fucking suck sometimes. A sex hiatus always sounds like a good idea...but denying myself such "needs" just doesn't feel right.

Post a Comment

 

Adventures in Divorce Copyright © 2014 -- Powered by Blogger