January 2, 2009

"Only got 4 minutes to save the world......"

Ok, I have a few minutes to write this before I'm off to start the first day of the next chapter of my life. Yes, today my new job starts officially. Tuesday I went up to the office thinking I was just going to finally meet with my direct boss face to face..... I walked out of there with a stack of background documents and instructions to have a letter written to a client by 11am the next day. (and of course, I got it done) I'm going from a firm of 250+ attorneys to less than 10. And I'm freaking terrified. But at the same time very excited. But moreso freaking terrified.

Exactly a year ago I walked out of my old life at The Big Firm to.... nothing. No prospects, no clue what I was going to do. And The Big Firm was my life.... it was my identity. In 2008, I stepped away from everything I knew that defined who I was.... my job, my marriage, my home, everything. But you know, the great thing about it is that now I can start over and define who I want to be NOW.

My new boss told me "Just be yourself, and the clients will love it." *pause* *shrug* Ok. We'll see if they're ready for all that. I certainly hope they mean it.

I'll let you know how it all goes, loved ones......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Adventures in Divorce Copyright © 2014 -- Powered by Blogger