Adventures in Divorce

I always wondered why people who murdered their spouses didn't just get a divorce.... I now understand why

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nap Town, Indie-anne-ahhhhhh!, United States

No, I'm not a prophetess. Cassandra, according to Greek mythology, spurned the advances of the Greek god Apollo and her gift of prophecy was cursed so that her predictions would never be believed. Such is my life. I tend not to think like most people, which is a gift... but also a curse. So step into my mind, take off your shoes and stay for awhile... you're always welcome, loved ones.

January 2, 2009

"Only got 4 minutes to save the world......"

Ok, I have a few minutes to write this before I'm off to start the first day of the next chapter of my life. Yes, today my new job starts officially. Tuesday I went up to the office thinking I was just going to finally meet with my direct boss face to face..... I walked out of there with a stack of background documents and instructions to have a letter written to a client by 11am the next day. (and of course, I got it done) I'm going from a firm of 250+ attorneys to less than 10. And I'm freaking terrified. But at the same time very excited. But moreso freaking terrified.

Exactly a year ago I walked out of my old life at The Big Firm to.... nothing. No prospects, no clue what I was going to do. And The Big Firm was my life.... it was my identity. In 2008, I stepped away from everything I knew that defined who I was.... my job, my marriage, my home, everything. But you know, the great thing about it is that now I can start over and define who I want to be NOW.

My new boss told me "Just be yourself, and the clients will love it." *pause* *shrug* Ok. We'll see if they're ready for all that. I certainly hope they mean it.

I'll let you know how it all goes, loved ones......

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Adventures in Divorce: "Only got 4 minutes to save the world......"

"Only got 4 minutes to save the world......"

Ok, I have a few minutes to write this before I'm off to start the first day of the next chapter of my life. Yes, today my new job starts officially. Tuesday I went up to the office thinking I was just going to finally meet with my direct boss face to face..... I walked out of there with a stack of background documents and instructions to have a letter written to a client by 11am the next day. (and of course, I got it done) I'm going from a firm of 250+ attorneys to less than 10. And I'm freaking terrified. But at the same time very excited. But moreso freaking terrified.

Exactly a year ago I walked out of my old life at The Big Firm to.... nothing. No prospects, no clue what I was going to do. And The Big Firm was my life.... it was my identity. In 2008, I stepped away from everything I knew that defined who I was.... my job, my marriage, my home, everything. But you know, the great thing about it is that now I can start over and define who I want to be NOW.

My new boss told me "Just be yourself, and the clients will love it." *pause* *shrug* Ok. We'll see if they're ready for all that. I certainly hope they mean it.

I'll let you know how it all goes, loved ones......

Labels: