December 4, 2008

"Been an awful good girl.... Santa Baby"

"Santa Baby, slip a sable under the tree, For me.
been an awful good girl, Santa baby,
so hurry down the chimney tonight...."


It is time, once again, for my 3rd (???) Annual Christmas Wish List of things I know good and damn well I'm not going to get but I'm a masochistic freak and keep doing this list every year anyway I want Santa to bring me for Christmas. I am by far not a materialistic girl..... I'm not all into designer ish, I don't equate dollar amounts with how much a person cares, and simple things make me happy. Hell, sometimes I wonder if I'm TOO low maintenance (though I'm sure guys will say there is no such thing, but I'm suspecting that this is a bunch of crap.... still working on my magnum opus of blog posts "Guys, you don't really want the cool chick"). They always say it's the thought that counts..... well, I realize I'm a little off the map at times, so for someone to ask their sister/cousin/auntie/co-worker what they think I would like is a pretty pointless exercise (a fact that The Ex was never quite able to figure out). So, just so nobody can ever say I never told them, I do this handy list every year for nobody in particular..... it's just something to do.

So, without further adieu, The List:

1. 0 gauge plugs, tunnels, and/or spirals for my ears (like these):










2. a Tibetian Singing Bowl:

















3. Bobbi Brown "Baby" perfume (which can only be found on eBay because it's discontinued, so you'd get MAJOR brownie points for that one).

4. (and if you can't find Baby, then.....) Versace "Bright Crystal" perfume.

5. Patterned, striped, or any interesting colored Hosiery (that means tights, socks, and garters).... preferably knee highs and above from For Love 21, Target, Nordstrom, Sockdreams.com, or anyone else who carries more than just boring black, white and nude sockery (yes, I just made that word up).

6. A Bettie Page t-shirt (or any other Bettie paraphernalia), perhaps something like this:



















7. Naptown Roller Girls roller derby ticket(s) (or preferably, just take me to a bout and buy me a beer).

8. Carol's Daughter products, especially Tui Hair Oil.

9. Tiffany silver jewelry (and no, it's not as expensive as you may think..... seriously).

10. Essential/perfume oils, including nag champa, lavender, peppermint, patchouli, and sandalwood (and if you're nice, carrier oils to go with them.... jojoba, safflower, and/or coconut).

11. Earrings, necklaces and scarves from For Love 21.

12. Anything from Pier 1. I love Pier 1. Especially anything Buddhist-inspired.

13. a mini disco ball (with the multi-colored light kit).

Now here's where I get stupid with the list......

14. a plane ticket to London to visit my BFF (this had been on the list for several years now).

15. a Blackberry Bold (yea, I'm stuck with AT&T for awhile now, so no Storm for me).

16. a vacation..... anywhere. I don't even care where. Just anywhere but here.

17. a laptop.... preferably an iMac, but any laptop would be greatly appreciated.

18. an iPod Touch.

19. a JOB Oops, I already got that!! I meet with them Friday to discuss "details". *happy dance*

And if I don't get any of this stuff, I'll just chalk it up to the fact that I was kind of naughty this year.... I think I broke a few hearts, disappointed some folks, and verbally abused the dog a little too much. It's ok.... there's always next year (though I can't promise that I'll be any less naughty).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Adventures in Divorce Copyright © 2014 -- Powered by Blogger