February 11, 2010

*tap tap* Is this thing on?

Um yea..... so I know that I said that my last post was my LAST post, but after a convo with another fellow divorcee blogger, I decided to make a comeback.

Sort of.

The reason I abandoned Adventures in Divorce was because I felt it was mired in negativity, so I wanted to start a new blog with a more positive focus and leave all this divorce mess behind.  Well, sometimes it helps to be negative, or at least get the negativity out so you can move on to something positive.  And the fact is, I'm still a divorcee.  Period.  I still have occasional baby-daddy drama, I still have amusing and frustrating stories dealing with two household parenting, I still have interesting tidbits about the process of moving on and rebuilding.

I realized that this isn't over.  The seas may have calmed a bit, but I'm still out here sailing in the wake of this monumental and life altering event.  And I also realized that while my stories may seem like they are filled with bad energy to me, they may offer some help and comfort to others going through similar situations.  They also serve as a reminder of where I've been and how far I've come.

So here is my compromise:  I'll bring back the archived AID, but my main baby is still going to be Idiosyncratic Thoughts of an Unheeded Prophetess so I can write about things other than divorce and dating.  But as noteworthy AID-esq things or ideas occur, I'll post occasionally.  Okay? Okay.

Welcome back, loved ones.

1 comments:

Donnie Nicole said...

Awww! I didn't eve know you wrote this. I'm so excited that you're back and so happy that you decided to bring out the archives. *Raises glass of Chardonnay* Let the party begin!

Post a Comment

 

Adventures in Divorce Copyright © 2014 -- Powered by Blogger